Cyclonic spray chambers have well established benefits over Scott type spray chambers.
- Faster wash in / wash out characteristics
- Less spiking
- Higher aerosol transport efficiency
- Low internal volume
- Fit any 6mm nebulizer, including PolyPro-ST, PFA-ST, and MicroFlow nebulizers
All ESI cyclonic chambers feature:
- o-ring free connections to the nebulizer and torch injector
- Secure leak-free threaded drain port
- Available with or without internal baffle
- Optional threaded auxiliary port for addition gas
ESI's cyclonic spray chambers are available in four materials, all of which fit into the PC3 Peltier cooler for extra temperature stabilization.
- Borosilicate Glass - Economical version ideal for ICP-OES applications
- Quartz - High purity spray chamber, ideal for ICP-MS applications
- PFA - Resistant to hydrofluoric acid and gives low BEC. Ideal for ultra trace analysis required by the semiconductor industry
Other more specialized versions of the cyclonic chamber include:
- Stable Sample Introduction dual quartz chamber
Aerosol enters second homogenisation chamber, producing a very stable signal, ideal for isotope ratio analysis.
- Laser Ablation dual quartz chamber
Similar to the SSI chamber, with an additional entrance for a Laser ablated aerosol. Ensures complete mixing of the liquid and laser aerosols and removes any large laser ablated particles, reducing spikes. Ideally suited with the PFA-LS nebulizer.